For Producers and Artists who like to sell their wares at Malta’s top Malta Artisan Market.
The Malta Artisan Markets aims to be ‘the market place in Malta with a difference’. Set in various beautiful locations the market provides a unique experience offering LOCAL fresh seasonal produce and unique handmade local arts and crafts as well as food specialities, baked goods and healthy food to eat on site.
Organised by The Definitive(ly) Good Guide Co – publishers of The Definitive(ly) Good Guide to Restaurants in Malta & Gozo and The Malta Baby and Kids directory, the market is set to be a meeting place to meet friends and will be very family friendly with live entertainment and music at each fair. Customers include local residents and tourists visiting as well as people from other parts of Malta who will be able make a day of it, visit the market, eat and socialise there. As well as visit the market they could visit the local attractions or visit one of the restaurants or visit one of the many local historic attractions.
The market is marketed extensively throughout the island through our proficient network of our other business as well as through our website www.maltaartisanmarkets.com and our Facebook page at malta artisan markets.
Why sell at the Malta Artisan Markets?
- This is an opportunity to sell your products direct to the public and to keep the full retail price thereby avoiding a cut to the middleman.
- Customers are looking more and more at buying healthy products and unusual gifts. Try selling your organic or ‘aiming to be organic’ fruit, vegetables, juices, cheese, flowers, herbs, breads, eggs, preserves, wines and honey as well arts and crafts direct to the public who appreciate your product.
- If you’ve never sold direct before we can help with free marketing advice and suggestions.
- The market is an excellent platform for you to do your marketing research as to discover what sells.
- Your products will be promoted on publicity material generated by the company.
What’s a Malta Artisan Market Market? How do I qualify?
Producers and Craftsmen/Artists living and working in Malta – craftsmen, artists, food producers sell their product direct to the public. You may not purchase and resell another craftsman’s, artists or food producers product. You or a family member or someone who works with you must run your market stall. To participate at our market you will not need a trading license as we obtain the license for the whole market.
What you require?
If you are a food producer you must be able to show a to-date health and hygiene certification. If you do not have this we will assist you in advising you on how to proceed.
You also are required to have a VAT number and issue fiscal receipts. If you do not have this we will assist you in advising you on how to proceed.
Why are Malta Artisan Markets popular with customers?
Customers will enjoy meeting you directly and can talk to you about your product directly. The market enjoys a convivial social atmosphere allowing people to browse and purchase in their own time and we encourage customers to make a day or evening of it.
Stalls: You bring your own stalls, tables, canopies and signs. We will provide electricity and water if required.
If you are interested in joining the Malta Artisan Market please fill in the below form to introduce us to your product accompanied by images of your product.
We will then be in contact with you to discuss further.
We look forward to hearing from you!