COVID-19 Transitioning – Obligatory Conditions and Guidelines for Open Air Markets
Mandatory conditions applicable to Open Markets until further notice:
• Market hawkers shall wear face masks or visors at all times during the opening hours of the open air market;
• Market hawkers shall also provide hand sanitizers to be used by the customers;
• All customers visiting any open-air market shall wear either a visor or a face mask and keep at a minimum distance of two (2) metres apart from other persons;
• Market hawkers shall deal with customers from behind their respective stalls and shall maintain their distance at all times. Products for sale shall be handed by market hawkers to their customers after having sanitized their hands;
• Market hawkers shall place a sign at their stall indicating that customers shall not touch the products;
• Market hawkers shall ensure that there shall be no more than six (6) persons, including the hawkers themselves, in front of their stall;
• Any returned items shall be held by market hawkers in store for at least seventy two (72) hours before such items are put up for sale again. A dedicated area for the storage of these items in the van is to be provided;
• Existent conditions regarding the provision of bins by the hawkers will be enforced.
• The Market Manager will assign location of stalls prior to the day of the market, and his/her decision is final.
• Stalls should be clearly labelled with the business name.
• Malta Artisan Markets does not provide stallholders with tables and chairs; stallholders are requested to bring their own market equipment which fits their chosen stall space.
• If claiming ‘organic’ or similar certification, a copy of the certificate and supporting documents must be displayed on your stall.
• The stallholder must be dressed in clean and suitably presentable clothing, appropriate for the prevailing climate. Smoking at the stall and within the market environs is strictly prohibited.
• Transportation of produce to market ensure that vehicle/s and containers are suitable for the task and meet hygiene standards e.g. avoiding the cross contamination of food for consumption. Kindly note that MAM at Couvre Porte is accepting a variety of open food and drink trucks, in a specifically allocated area, selling produce for consumption on the premises and to take home as gifts.
• Stalls must be kept clean, tidy and free from hazards. The stallholder will clean up any spillage. Stallholders are responsible for removing their own rubbish at the end of the day. Please leave your stall area the way you found it.
• In the case where the market is set up in heritage listed buildings, of historical & artistic value, we ask all stallholders to pay attention when setting up/dismantling taking care to avoid any damages/spillages in the allocated area. Should any incident arise where damages are incurred this will be the responsibility of the person involved. Malta Artisan Markets will take no responsibility for damages/spillages incurred by stallholders.
• Stalls must be ready for trading by when the market opens. We will be at the market approx. 2-3 hours prior the opening time on the first day, and, in case that the event is a two day event, two hours prior the opening time on the second day.
• Packing up should not begin before market closure to the public. Even if stallholders sell out, they must remain at the market until closing as it affects the look of the market overall i.e. treat it as an opportunity to promote produce and business.
• Antisocial behaviour will mean instant dismissal from the market.
• No responsibility is taken by the organisers or venue management for theft, loss or damage. Stallholders are responsible for their own stall security and monies.
• The stallholder is responsible for the safety of their stall, and agrees to set items up in a safe and secure manner to avoid any mishaps.
• Advertising, promotional materials, flyers, etc: All stallholders may hand out advertising or promotional material at their designated stall. The advertising/promotional material may only be related to the products on sale at that stall. Stallholders and their representatives are at no time permitted to distribute advertising or promotional material outside of their stall area (i.e. walking around the venue and handing out flyers). A breach of this condition will result in the stallholder being requested to leave the venue.
• Refund Policy: 50% refund up to 3 weeks before market date, and after that there will be no refund. Malta Artisan Markets will not refund stall hire fees paid in the case of cancellation of market due to factors out of our control or in the case of instant dismissal from the market.
• Malta Artisan Markets accepts no responsibility for any transaction entered into in the Market enclosure.
• Malta Artisan Markets accepts no responsibility for the sale of the stallholder’s items or costs incurred from leftover stock. It is the stallholder’s exclusive responsibility to ensure that they are in line with all legal requirements with regards the sale of such items.
• Malta Artisan Markets reserves the right to decide or arbitrate any dispute arising out of or in the course of the conduct of the Market.
• Malta Artisan Markets accept no liability for the loss or damage of any kind suffered by any person who enters the Market area and all persons who enter the Market area do so at their own risk.
• The Stallholder agrees to indemnify and holds harmless The Definitive(ly) Good Guide Co, organisers of the Malta Artisan Markets and the Venue against all claims for damages or injury to the property or person of any persons or expense in respect of any claim by any such person arising out of negligence on the part of the stall holder or their agents or servants during the Market activity.