COVID-19 Transitioning – Obligatory Conditions and Guidelines for Open Air Markets
• Should the traders be found in breach of the above regulations, during necessary visits by the Health Authority, such breach will result in immediate dismissal from the market, without any compensation or reimbursement.
• Refund Policy see below.
In this instance, in case of cancellation due to inclement weather, at organiser’s sole discretion for such a decision, 50% of the application fee will be reimbursed. Please understand that in the circumstances we need to share the risk of keeping these events outdoors. We are in this together.
• The Market Manager will assign location of stalls one day prior to the day of the market, and his/her decision is final.
• Stalls should be clearly labelled with the business name.
• Malta Artisan Markets does not provide stallholders with tables and chairs; stallholders are requested to bring their own market equipment which fits their chosen stall space. Should stallholders wish to hire tables and umbrellas, this service may be provided at an additional cost.
• If claiming ‘organic’ or similar certification, a copy of the certificate and supporting documents must be displayed on your stall.
• The stallholder must be dressed in clean and suitably presentable clothing, appropriate for the prevailing climate. Smoking at the stall and within the market environs is strictly prohibited.
• Transportation of produce to market ensure that vehicle/s and containers are suitable for the task and meet hygiene standards e.g. avoiding the cross contamination of food for consumption. Kindly note that MAM at Couvre Porte is accepting a variety of open food and drink stalls, but only a very limited number of food trucks, in a specifically allocated area, selling produce for consumption on the premises and to take home as gifts. No cooking shall be permitted inside Couvre Porte during the market, apart from the specific area allocated to food trucks.
• Stalls must be kept clean, tidy and free from hazards. The stallholder will clean up any spillage. Stallholders are responsible for each bringing a garbage bag & removing their own rubbish at the end of the day. Please leave your stall area the way you found it.
• In the case where the market is set up in heritage listed environs, such as Couvre Porte, a venue of historical & artistic value, we ask all stallholders to pay attention when setting up/dismantling taking care to avoid any damages/spillages in the allocated area. Should any incident arise where damages are incurred this will be the responsibility of the person involved. Malta Artisan Markets will take no responsibility for damages/spillages incurred by stallholders.
• Stalls must be ready for trading by when the market opens. We will be at the market approximetely two hours prior the opening time on the market event day.
• Packing up should not begin before the official market closure timings to the public. Even if stallholders sell out, they must remain at the market until closing as it affects the look of the market overall i.e. treat it as an opportunity to promote produce and business.
• Antisocial behaviour will mean instant dismissal from the market. If any stallholder has feedback, we encourage them to feel comfortable to approach the market management, one of whom will be on duty throughout the market.
• No responsibility is taken by the organisers or venue management for theft, loss or damage. Stallholders are responsible for their own stall security and monies.
• The stallholder is responsible for the safety of their stall, and agrees to set items up in a safe and secure manner to avoid any mishaps.
• Advertising, promotional materials, flyers, etc: All stallholders may hand out advertising or promotional material at their designated stall. The advertising/promotional material may only be related to the products on sale at that stall. Stallholders and their representatives are at no time permitted to distribute advertising or promotional material outside of their stall area (i.e. walking around the venue and handing out flyers). A breach of this condition will result in the stallholder being requested to leave the venue without compensation.
• Refund Policy: 50% refund up to 3 weeks before market date, and after that there will be no refund. Malta Artisan Markets will not refund stall hire fees paid in the case of cancellation of market due to factors out of our control or in the case of instant dismissal from the market.
In case of cancellation due to a change in the pandemic regulations, or extreme weather conditions, and organisers discretion for such a decision, the application fee will be carried forward as credit towards the next market only.
In case of mandatory quarantine, stallholder fee’s shall be permitted to be carried forward to the following market, upon presentation of written proof of such.
In case of self-isolation regular terms and conditions, as outlined above, apply.
• Malta Artisan Markets accepts no responsibility for any transaction entered into in the Market enclosure.
• Malta Artisan Markets accepts no responsibility for the sale of the stallholder’s items or costs incurred from leftover stock. It is the stallholder’s exclusive responsibility to ensure that they are in line with all legal requirements with regards the sale of such items.
• Malta Artisan Markets reserves the right to decide or arbitrate any dispute arising out of or in the course of the conduct of the Market.
• Malta Artisan Markets accept no liability for the loss or damage of any kind suffered by any person who enters the Market area and all persons who enter the Market area do so at their own risk.
• The Stallholder agrees to indemnify and holds harmless The Definitive(ly) Good Guide Co, organisers of the Malta Artisan Markets and the Venue against all claims for damages or injury to the property or person of any persons or expense in respect of any claim by any such person arising out of negligence on the part of the stall holder or their agents or servants during the Market activity.